Wednesday, April 28, 2010

Freedom



Yesterday was independence day for Sierra Leone. She celebrated 49 years of Freedom. 49 years. The entire country is partying this week and trust me - those guys know how to really party!

It makes me think of those who fought for that freedom, those who risked their lives for a cause bigger than themselves.

I want to be brave enough to fight for the freedom of others, to fight for something bigger. It takes all of my courage to go year after year to make a difference in the lives of people. I choose to go because this is a cause worth fighting for.

FREEDOM!

Tara

1 comment:

  1. I drove from Bo to FReetown and back on (Freedom-)Independence day. Trust me, parties all over the place, even on the highway. We had to slow down and wait for people to clear the highway before proceding....

    ReplyDelete